Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Jake

so... he turned 8. I've got 10 more years to get it all in, even though he claims he will never leave me... well I'm not holding him to that.

I'm gonna share something here 'cause it's where I do that. This will maybe shock those of you that read this and are aware of how close my boy and I are...

I was SO mad when I found out I was pregnant with him... I was only going to parent one child... there were many rational reasons for that decision... I'm not going to get into the medical reasons as to why I found myself with child... but I wasn't thrilled.

To the point that I refused to talk about it... got irritated with others when they did... finally asked for permission to grieve the life I thought I was going to have and please PLEASE contain your enthusiasm.

Thinking about all those feelings today... well let's just say I can't imagine life without my boy... he has brought so much joy and a fresh perspective to every thing in life... he truly is a special little guy with the way that he thinks... I'm taking him to meet some of my friends that... well quite frankly the fact that he hasn't met them is shameful...

I hope they like him too!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10 AM

    aw! I need to see a picture of that little man..it's been too long!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jake!

    Lori, you remind me of my mom talking about how she felt when she found out she was pregnant with me. She was OLD (34) and DEPRESSED. She WALLOWED. Now, she says, she realizes what a blessing I was and how she needed me as a reason to get out of bed some mornings (after my dad got sick and passed). It's a beautiful bond and I'm so happy you have that cutie in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, you know that God gives us the things we don't think we need, and it alwasy seems that it's just the time that we do...

    Thank you for sharing him with all of us, and we adore him and Jordan, too!

    Happy Birthday Jake!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how anyone could not love that little man. They will love him!

    I hope he had a beautiful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, Hank and I will be at Meg's tomorrow to see you and meet your little man!

    We're looking forwård to it!

    ReplyDelete