Thursday, December 14, 2006

never gonna be mother of the year...

don't even want to be in the running... i just want them to be respectable... decent... loving... independent... thinking... caring... compassionate... honest... contributing members of this world... that's the goal

so i get a call today from jake's teacher... there was an incident a few days ago... i call the home number ~ which ok yeah it's a small town but still freaks me out... leave a message 'cause she's not home... pace the house for two hours... comment to my dad that 'She has to call back she's a mom she has to know what this is doing to me.'

the phone rings... the long and short of it... jake and another little boy cause a disruption... they are told they need to come up with an apology for the class... apparently my son was not happy with the other little boy involved in the situation because this is what he was overheard as saying... 'I really don't like you right now. I really want to hit you but that is not allowed.'

OK ~ i don't want a bully... i'm totally against violence... having said that... i like the fact that at six my son has the self control to not just act on his feelings of rage and anger... AND i like that he isn't shy to say what he feels... these are all going to be very valuable traits later in life... he needs to learn to steer clear of the people that provoke these kinds of feelings ~ so that's what we'll work on

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    ok, so funny story... I had a parent-teacher conference for my affinity to tell a girl to eff off in the 4th grade... yup.. that was me... remember it all VERY well... lol...

    Jake will be JUST fine! I think I turned out ok...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Sorry, you had to worry Lori!!! But THAT requires a phone call home??!!

    ReplyDelete