Friday, March 10, 2006

the final broken piece...

was fixed the other night... my boss took me aside and told me that she admired and respected my work ethic... about a year ago i had made a decision that it was time for me to find a job and that terrified me because when i left the work force it was because i was not at all certain that i could contribute something positive to an organization... when i left my job in November of 2004 it was because i was overwhelmed by it all and not just not doing it well but was seeing it faulter because of me

the first job that i had was mindless yet vital in the company that i was with... i did it and i did it well... i secured an account for them that they had been trying to get for over three years... they were appreciative and they commended me ~ i had forgotten how good that felt

when i started at this job... i was terrified because i had never done anything like this before and i was warned that it would be overwhelming and very difficult at times... i was not at all sure that in my fragile state of mind that i would be able to step up when the time came ~ well i did and i did it well

to have her say that to me and to have the people that i work with and respect so much because they have made the restaurant what it is and given it the reputation that it has... well that was just exactly what i needed to feel whole again... completely whole

i truly love my job ~ every aspect about it... whoa...wait nope still hate, cocktail sauce... tartar sauce and ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment