Saturday, December 31, 2005

Second Chances...

apparently we all do deserve them

i'm terrified to talk about it too much for fear that it wasn't real but the last week of my life has been surprising, sweet, tender, romantic, fun and oh wait yeah BUSY...

if you work in the restaurant/catering industry this is the busiest week of the year and oh my lord have i been busting my behind... but it feels good that tired at the end of the day from working hard ~ i'm still surprised that people tell me that i'm good at this i just never saw it in my future... oh right back to the good stuff

i never saw a lot of things in my future that now seem to be... i feel safe and someone wants to take care of me just as much as i want to take care of them... and he knows everything ~ i mean EVERYTHING about me... 20 years is a long time to be friends with someone if it sustains all that life has to throw at you and all the distances and opposite paths but when you come together it just seems right and easy and comfortable well that says a lot i think...

i have to agree with him... 'If I screw this up, it'll be the biggest screw up of my life ever.' ~ and trust me we both have screwed up some stuff to this point so that is in fact saying a lot

so of course in true 'me' fashion... he has two cd's with him that he didn't have before... he's only listened to one ~ 'I like the first song. I remember hearing it on the radio it's good.'

Wave on Wave ~ Pat Green

'i wandered out into the water
and i thought that i might drown
i don't know what i was after
just know i was going down

and that's when she found me
not afraid anymore
she said "you know, i always had you, baby
just waitin for you to find what you were lookin for."

you came upon me wave on wave.
yu're the reason i'm still here yeah
am i the one you were sent to save?
it came upon me, wave on wave."

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Oh my! Calling you today---we've been out of touch too long I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve ONLY the best. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy to hear you happy again! Like I told you, you so deserve this more than you know, so just enjoy it!!! Love you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete