Wednesday, December 23, 2009

so I'm NOT a fan of Christmas...

for SOOOO many reasons... mostly its just too much drama and more than not have forgot (if they ever knew) what its supposed to be about.

so having said THAT... CHRISTMAS for REAL... happened already for me this year.

I have four girls that work on my team. One of my girls is African... and her Mom lives in Sudan, Africa. She was coming to Dallas for Christmas for the first time in many years. The excitment spilled over to me and I was very excited to meet her and tell her how wonderful her daughter is and what an asset to my team she truly is.

WELL... once again SNOW messed up my world... LOL (comedic relief from a heavy post)

So they were able to land in Newark last Friday as the other airports were not accepting flights.

We were supposed to all go to lunch on Monday... this is when I got the news that she came to the US from Africa and was stuck in NJ... ok... or hell well not that bad but you get my point.

I looked up Amtrak... I looked up Greyhound... NO LUCK... but I call a colleague and well short story already toooooo long... she was able to get on a flight that arrived last evening and I saw smiles that are museum picture worthy today.

My friends... I PROMISE YOU... there isn't anything that anyone could put a bow on that would equal that feeling.

My Christmas Wish for Everyone... is that you are able to experience whatever makes your heart happy!!! If you read this... I probably LOVE YOU a lot!!!!

Joyeux Noel

1 comment:

  1. What a great story and a great friend you are Lori!! Hope you and your family have a truly Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Happy New Year! Love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete