Monday, October 27, 2008

day 6...

of no anti-depressant...

my joke is i take an anti-depressant because everyone around me is crazy... the cost of that is i never like the way i feel... i understand that there is a very large population of people for which these medications are crucial and life essential

i'm just not one of them... about six months ago... i was having anxiety... panic attacks... not sleeping... a touch of paranoia... angry outbursts... well just about three weeks ago ~ i changed some things about my life... six days ago i didn't take my pill... and today i feel pretty good... a clear head for the first time in MONTHS... (this cold aside) ~ i believe for me... generally it's an external change that i need to make... not adjusting my chemistry...

i'm putting this here as a future reminder... if i ever think again that maybe i need to be on something... maybe i need to evaluate the outside influences and see if they are really good for me or not so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Lori!!! Outside distractions are a good thing to get rid of!! But remember that if you need the pills the you need to pills, it is always a bad thing!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete