Wednesday, July 18, 2007

to the man who decided...

to attempt to tear me down for 25 minutes today... you have no idea how i ache for how sad and lonely you must be... to believe that talkin' to people in the manner that you spoke to me is the way to interact with another human being must have been reinforced by years of disappointments and failures... i wonder truly if your mother hugged you enough... if you have ever known what it means to be loved by another person or if you have any kind of compassion for anyone in your heart at all... you called me a liar and a racist... and you based such bold opinions on what exactly... that things were not going as you would like them too... my goodness to have gotten this far in life and not learned that lesson already how bad every day must be for you... you claimed i believed you to be stupid... sir i promise you... my children get punished harder for using that word than if they slip on a curse word... because not only do i not use that word... i don't believe anyone is... uneducated in areas from time to time perhaps... however... it's our responsibility as members of this rock... to help each other and educate each other as necessary...

i realize that you do not know me at all... if you did... you would understand that calling ME a RACIST is quite possibly the most absurd accusation ever... i don't even see people as most do... i don't see color... hear accents... i sat with my father in November after 9/11 and listened to the shame in his voice because he had flown for the first time after the horrid attacks on our country and when a gentleman with a turban sat in the row in front of him for a moment he was nervous... even then my father was ashamed that he let that in to his belief system for even a minute... i was raised to believe in individuals and base my opinions on my personal experiences...

or a liar... please... i tell even painful truths because i understand that the consequences of the latter is just not worth it...

sir if you were to knock on my door this evening... with a need for anything ~ i would graciously extend my world to you... i believe if i have and one needs... it's my responsibility as a good human to share... and even still after how you were today... i would with the hope of turning your face towards the sun so that you can see in fact that life can be good... i would extend my hand to you

for now sir... you are in my prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment