Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Event…

Safe to say it did not disappoint ~ the line up ~ Drew Kennedy, Peter Dawson and Josh Grider started the night off with an amazing song swap set ~ the highlight for me being Drew bustin’ out Dublin Blues… it’s also been a REALLY long time since I’ve gotten to see Peter so that was pretty great as well! I get so torn about these kinds of things as EVERYONE should be listening to these guys ~ the selfish part of me knows however that if everyone was… well then nights like that would be few and FAR between

Then my favorite Adam… seriously ~ ADAM HOOD… not only is he a truly gifted songwriter… he and his drummer put on a show that gives everyone a run for their money and it’s only the two of them… but they have got it all figured out when it comes to stage presence… and that thing I was talkin’ about before with Stoney that light in their eyes when they are watching people as they react to their art ~ he absolutely has it too… he sang my Coffee Song and such a FABULOUS version of Purple Rain… it was Jocelyn and Maureen’s first show… and well yeah they of course LOVED him as well ~ DUH I wasn’t even a little worried

Walt Wilkins whose praises I have sung here before was up next… I have to say it was not at all what I expected which is why I need to take a second look since I now have a better understanding… he is one of my favorites… yet it seems he is going in different direction which may be fabulous… however I was looking forward to a full band show… drawing from the catalog of songs that I know as Walt that wasn’t quite what I got… so for me… I spent this time catchin’ up with old friends… meetin’ new ones… enjoyin’ my $2 beer ~ lol… LAUGHING TOO MUCH… chatting with those that I normally don’t and really just shouldn’t ‘cause I just end up sounding foolish… mostly just truly being in the moment because it’s one I’ve hoped for… for so very long

I walked around this world of ours for way too long feeling lost… wondering if any place would ever truly feel home… would I ever find people who would hear the first few guitar riffs in a song and just get it ~ that tingle up your spine… that feeling that for at least the next oh 3-4 minutes everything is going to be perfect… and on an evening like this… well that happens with every single song and the best is when it’s a surprise when the artist knows that as an audience we appreciate truly appreciate the music so sure go ahead play your favorite song ‘cause we believe in you enough to know that you are gonna ‘own’ it… ANYWAY my point… I’m not lost anymore… and to be there with the ones who became the family that I always wanted to be a part of whether you were there physically… via text or via koozie… it was truly priceless for me ~ so thank you all… for nothing more than just loving me… unconditionally… and totally not in spite of my imperfections but because of them…

Wade Bowen took the stage for the final performance of the evening… and I’ve seen him a few times before… but I became a fan Saturday night… seriously and being there with the ones who love him the most… Danny… Jesse… Renee… Jen and Maureen ‘cause when I think of those who love Wade… it’s THEM… it was pretty amazing… he sang Meg’s and my song… and it was so good to once again be huggin’ her and singin’ along instead of being on a phone with tear stained cheeks… he played ATLANTIC CITY… oh my lord… did he play Atlantic City… and for me… it was the most special because the first time I ever came to Texas… he came on stage to sing that song with someone else that I love… so standing there in that moment ~ I had truly come full circle…

The rest of the night is a bit hazy… between being on emotional overload… completely exhausted… and maybe just one or two too many $2 beers… we found our way home… and the pillow was welcomed… safe to say the memories will continue to pop up… and there will for a long time be moments of ‘oh I FORGOT about that’ ~ and that is the best part of it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment