Friday, January 08, 2010

there is no 'And'

so I've been introduced to the teachings of Pastor Pete Wilson he is the founding and senior pastor at Cross Point Nashville. You can listen to his messages on that site or download the podcasts to you iPod for free on iTunes.

I've been listening pretty much exclusively and my favorite is a series they did called Religion Lies. The short version is this 'Religion complicates what God made simple.' That's really it for me right there. I don't need to do dress a certain way or listen to a particular kind of music or NOT listen to a particular kind of music... I'm not damned if I watch a movie that may be heavy in vulgarity or violence... Praying in my room is heard just as loudly as praying from a pew on Sunday... it's OK to LOVE everyone without judgement regardless of their beliefs... or non beliefs and because of their flaws not inspite of them... it's ok to show compassion to everyone knowing that I've not been in their shoes so how could I possibly understand.

It's always been a frustration for me the idea that just accepting our Lord and his Son wasn't enough... I had to dress a certain way... listen to certain music... attend certain services... etc. I'm really grateful to have found this place where I can be comfortable and love Jesus!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pete's a brilliant teacher and a pretty cool dude, too. I've been blessed to be able to attend his church for the last six months.

    ReplyDelete