Monday, September 21, 2009

Wyoming and Idaho

So i've been trying to write about my trip since I got back and I'm not sure yet that I have the right words to articulate everything... but I'm going to try. First of all ~ it was GORGEOUS... but here decide for yourself...







the last night we stayed in this very quaint little cabin... which WHEN I take the kids is where we will stay for the duration because it was absolutely charming...





and WHEN I take my children... we WILL do this because it was THE. MOST. FUN. EVER.





There were Brauns... lots of Brauns... walking around like they are just regular people... holding the door open and talking to me like they could see me or something... apparently they didn't get the memo.

It was cold but I didn't mind it... there was hail... it makes us giggle thinking about it... did I mention that it was gorgeous I'm pretty sure we drove straight through God's heart between Challis and Salmon!

My most favorite memory of my vacation... friday night... walking into the hotel room and the face of Deidre smiling big as day because I made it back to the room just as the Creed Concert was about to play on vh1... Perfect!

3 comments:

  1. junie b2:05 PM

    i am hoping i can go this next year. i have a family vacation ish thing in July for my nieces birthday, but i should be able to swing both trips if i save just right :o)

    was that cabin in Challis? i dont remember those in Challis. we always stayed at Northgate..well cep for that FABULOUS place Suzy and I stayed in in Stanley the wed night before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no my friend... that was in Jackson Hole, WY... we flew into Jackson Hole it was a direct flight from Dallas and about the same drive as from Boise so it worked out well. I absolutely fell in love with Jackson Hole!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:38 PM

    That sounds like so much fun. Maybe WHEN you take your kids, I could take mine too!

    ReplyDelete