Thursday, January 25, 2007

just some thoughts...

apparently the idea that i live here now is a bit weird to some ~ and i can understand that as it happened so fast ~ it’s funny ‘cause i get these questions about how life is all the time… it’s the same… but it’s a better same… there is still never enough time… 12 miles here takes every bit of 45 minutes and so yes we get home… we have dinner… we hug… and it’s bed time for all of us as 6am comes really early… the better in that is i am the one fixing dinner ~ sometimes there are veggies sometimes not… helping brush teeth ‘cause yeah he still needs a little help with that… i’m the one tucking them in… yes i’ll get your water and you may sleep with that take along toy… no you may not fall asleep to the tv… but you may have 15 more minutes and then i’ll come shut if off… we all have our own space where in which we can retreat as needed to collect ourselves when moments get heated or fits get thrown ~ it’s not worth it so i don’t want to see or hear it… it’s not technically ‘my house’ as i don’t own it and it’s an apartment ~ i get all those things… but when you walk in… it’s mine and as my six year old so eloquently put it… ‘it’s a kind of home service place cause we have a park for us and for kailey plus two swimming pools so it’s better i think’ ~ everything about each room has our signatures on them… from jake’s framed thomas, bertie and harold on his walls… jordan’s funky comforter and pre-teen posters on the walls… to my PEACE sign over my bed… my bears watching over me as i sleep and the pictures of the places i love a lot on the walls… the mess i leave behind is the one i come home too… the food in the fridge is stuff we actually eat.. and if we are low i’ve got three grocery stores and a Super Target within 5 miles so it’s not an all day affair to shop… there is a movie store just outside my gate… ‘cause oh yeah I’m in a gated complex so do i fantasize that i’m kind of like my housewives in Coto… lol yeah just a bit ‘cause i’m a dork like that ~ anyway there is a movie store… and i still have issues getting movies back on time… there have been shows ~ REALLY good ones… one with babies where they met *sigh* Stoney yeah… dream come true moment and i still suk at takin’ pictures cause yeah didn’t get one of the three of them and i should have… but i can retell the story and it was a good one… there will be other photo op moments… there was my first Brandon Rhyder show with Heather and Sara ~ Joc informed me via text that Brandon is in fact allowed to stand wherever he wants even if that happens to be right next to me… and there are shows that won’t work ‘cause Thursday nights are just too hard to try and work out… plus again 6am comes really fast… but i’m ok ‘cause there will be others… there have been sleepovers… movie nights… playdates… there is a birthday party on Saturday… jake needs a haircut… my Colts are in the Super Bowl but can i just say that the fact that they beat the Patriots would be enough if I would not have to hear about how many Super Bowls the Pats blah blah blah.. so yeah we have to win…


Ok after all this you get it… I think… it’s just life ~ BUT it’s exactly the one that i wanted to live and that makes all the difference in the world

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you are here, and happy to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Jo is a HO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you SO have to go read their blogs on bravo.com and i'm LOVING the new housewife this season Tammy... she's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog. I am so, so happy that you're finally here and loving it too. Welcome home, my friend!

    ReplyDelete