Sunday, April 06, 2008

'i just wanted you to know i had a lot of fun with you last night...'

and thing about that comment is i think i've come a long way in a year... the first time i went to a show when i moved to Texas... i was talking to my gage on the phone on the way back to my apartment... and i remember saying 'i'm not sure how this is going to work... they want to talk and play too much... i REALLY want to listen to the guy on the stage'... my friend assured me that night that after a certain amount of time i'd relax and realize they aren't going to be few and far between... i won't always need to be front and center... or everyone will think i'm a freak... LOL

of course because my gage IS NEVER right... i assured him that if that happened i would lose something special that i treasure so NO that won't happen...

ok ammending that now 'cause he was right... and it's ok... because i think i've found the balance and i don't feel the urgency like i used to which is a blessing 'cause that was heartbreaking sometimes...

and i get to enjoy my friends too and THAT is the best part!!!

2 comments:

  1. well, I really did have a good time with you that night....but then again I had fun with you 3 nights in a row! It made me smile to see that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:44 PM

    It *IS* the best part! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete