Thursday, March 11, 2010

If you read my silly little blog...

but haven't checked out www.thepioneerwoman.com ~ well trust me she has A LOT more going on than I do. She has inspired me to cook... which you may or may not know I don't do and well now I'm attempting and doing better (pictures help ~ pictures help A LOT!)

The point is yesterday she posted a contest in which we were to answer the question, 'Are you where you thought you would be 10 years ago?'


ummmmm hmmmm let me think.... 10 years ago, I was pregnant... living in Vermont... telecommuting to California... Jordan was 4 and still didn't think I was the dumbest person on the planet... in fact ~ at 4 I was IT for my girl. In March specificially 10 years ago... I had JUST found out that I was expecting and I was STILL very Very VERY unhappy about it ~ only one person 'Got That' and it was not someone that I even thought paid attention to me when I spoke. I was NOT a fan of snow and we got A LOT that winter so I rarely left my house.

10 years ago... I had never heard a Pat Green song... I had NO idea who Blue October was... I was ridiculously overweight... I hadn't fallen in love with Spiderman... I drove a mini-van and well looking back ~ happy isn't a word that I would have used to describe that person in that life.

10 years ago, if you had asked me what I thought about Texas, I would have said NOT MUCH, I'd only seen Amarillo at that point and to say I was less than impressed doesn't adequately cover the feelings I had.

If you had asked me about friendships, I would have said that there were some. Two in particular that I treasured. I had many acquaintances back then but not a lot of full on... drive me to the airport... take care of my kids without a thought... ones I laughed too much with or would cry in front of friends.

I hadn't felt REAL loss yet in my life... I hadn't lost my mind yet... I had juggling down to a perfect science ~ but no 10 years ago... I NEVER saw anything that looked like my life today.

and that's OK

No comments:

Post a Comment